Morad VHF antennas are sold exclusive of mount, cable, and accessories with the exception of the VHF 156 FG model which includes a cable run. Our VHF HD antennas require adaptors to fit the standard 1" x 14 female thread mounts. See Tips under each antenna provide part information for mounting our antennas.
Morad VHF antennas are the standard in rugged commercial applications. Built with stainless steel and anodized aluminum alloys to surpass even military specifications, Morad antennas have life spans of 10-15 years in service. Morad's standing wave ratio of 1.15 to 1, is superior to the industry standard of 1.5 to 1.
How tough are they? After two years submerged in saltwater one of our HD antennas was returned to us for testing - and it still worked!
Photo: HD Style Antenna cutaway view
VHF HD model Antennas
- VHF 122 HD Part # 9113 $191. 6db gain, aircraft band
- VHF 146 HD Part # 9116 $191. 6dg gain, 2-meter "ham band"
- VHF 156 HD Part # 9120 $164. 6db gain, "Hot Rod" Marine band
- VHF 159 HD AIS Part # 9323 $177. 6db gain, AIS system
- VHF 162 HD AIS Part # 9334 $177. 6db gain, AIS system - NEW
- VHF HD Special Part # 9124 $191. 6db gain, built to customer custom-tuned frequency
These antennae are ideal for sailboats and motor boats offering an approximately 80-mile radius. Bandwidth range = approximately 10MHz total (example: VHF 159 bandwidth about 154-163). For ratchet mounting recommend M91 adaptor. For ratchet mount & stanchion (1" pipe) M87 adaptor. More information under Mounts & Adaptors
VHF Deluxe style Antennas
- VHF 146 Deluxe Part # 9115 $136. 3db gain, 2-meter "ham band"
- VHF 156 Deluxe Part # 9122 $123. 3db gain, Marine band
- VHF Deluxe Special Part # 9123 $151. 3db gain, built to customer custom-tuned frequency
These small but durable antennae are designed for masthead mounting on sailboats and high-speed power boats where small size and low weight are important considerations. These antennas provide approximately a 40-mile radius. Mounts & cable sold separately. Popular masthead mounting uses and M84 angle bracket with M81 pad mount. Deck mounting recommendation is our M83 pad mount with screw holes to secure to flat surfaces. More info under Mounts & Adaptors
VHF 10db model Antennas
- VHF 146 10db Part # 9114 $750. 10db gain, 2-meter "ham band"
- VHF 156 10db Part # 9117 $750. 10db gain, Marine frequency
- VHF 156 10db UPS Part #9118 $750. 10db gain, UPS shippable, Marine frequency
- VHF 162 10db AIS Part # 9335 $750. 10db gain, AIS
- VHF 162 10db AIS-UPS Part # 9336 $750. 10db gain, UPS shippable
These models have six full-length 1/2 wave sections fed in phase with no dielectric loss. Our 10db antennas are designed for optimum performance under severe weather and vibration conditions. All external radiating surfaces are anodized aluminum or stainless steel. All anodized aluminum sections are then painted with a white high gloss powder coat. The fiberglass sections are painted with high gloss "Mil Spec" white paint. The Model VHF 156 10db is base fed through a PL-259 UHF connector and 50-ohms coaxial cable. It has an O-ring seal to protect the coaxial line from moisture.
These 10db antennae have a horizontal radiation pattern which extends approximately 150 miles - ideal for vessels 45' or greater in length. Mounts & cable sold separately. Mount options include M9 bulkhead, M900 or M900-10db bulkhead lay down mounts, see Mounts section. Replacement tips available, see Accessories section.
Unless noted as UPS shippable these antennas ship DHL.