Morad VHF antennas are sold exclusive of mount and coax cable. Our VHF-HD antennas require adapters to fit standard 1" x 14 female thread mounts. See Tips under each antenna to provide information on mounting our antennas.
Morad VHF antennas are the standard in rugged commercial applications. Built with stainless steel and anodized aluminum alloys to surpass even military specifications, Morad antennas have life spans of 10-15 years and more in service. Morad's Standing Wave Ratio (SWR) of 1.15 to 1, is superior to the industry standard of 1.5 to 1.
How tough are they? After two years submerged off the Oregon coast, one of our HD antennas was returned to us for testing - and it still worked!
VHF/UHF HD Antennas - 6db Gain
- VHF 122 HD Part # 9113 aircraft band
- VHF 146 HD Part # 9116 2-meter "ham band"
- VHF 156 HD Part # 9120 Marine band
- VHF 159 HD AIS Part # 9323 VHF-AIS
- VHF 162 HD AIS Part # 9334 Dedicated AIS
- VHF HD Special Part # 9124 built to custom-tuned frequency between 122 and 300 Mhz
- UHF HD Special Part #9097 built to custom-tuned frequency between 300 and 850 Mhz
These antennae are ideal for powerboats offering an approximately 80-mile radius. Bandwidth range = approximately 10MHz total (example: VHF 159 bandwidth about 154-163). For ratchet mounting use the M91 adapter. For ratchet mount & stanchion (1" pipe) use our M87 adapter. More information under Mounts & Adapters
VHF/UHF Deluxe style Antennas - 3db Gain
- VHF 146 Deluxe Part # 9115 2-meter "ham band"
- VHF 156 Deluxe Part # 9122 Marine band
- VHF Deluxe Special Part # 9123 Built to custom-tuned frequency between 122 and 800 Mhz
These small but durable antenna are designed for masthead mounting on sailboats and high-speed power boats where small size and low weight are important considerations. These antennas provide approximately a 40-mile radius. Mounts & cable sold separately. Popular masthead mounting uses and M84 angle bracket with M81 pad mount. Deck mounting recommendation is our M83 pad mount with screw holes to secure to flat surfaces. More info under Mounts & Adapters
VHF 10db model Antennas "Big Talker"
- VHF 146 10db Part # 9114 (2-meter "ham band")
- VHF 156 10db Part # 9117 (Marine VHF Radio)
- VHF 162 10db Part # 9336 (AIS)
These 10db antenna have a horizontal radiation pattern which extends approximately 150 miles - ideal for vessels 45' or greater in length. Mounts & cable sold separately. Mount options include M9 bulkhead, M900-10db bulkhead lay down mounts, see Mounts section. Replacement tips available, see Accessories section.
All of our 10db antennas are offered in 1-piece, 2- piece, and 4-piece versions. Only the 4-piece version is available online and shippable using UPS or USPS. Our 1 and 2-piece versions require special shipping. If you wish to order a 1 or 2-piece version, please call us directly. Rest assured, the 4-piece version is identical to the 1 and 2-piece versions, but you make the field joints yourself rather than us making them in the shop. We provide clear and simple to follow instructions along with materials required to make the 3 field joints, which takes about 10-15 minutes.